Wednesday 31 October 2012

YSL shocking mascara.

When planning my wedding and deciding to do my own make-up second to getting a really good high end foundation was getting a high end mascara and after spending an hour in boots looking at all the high end counters I opted for the YSL Shocking mascara.



I wish I could say this was worth the £23 I paid for it but I honestly can't. The packaging is my favorite over all other mascara packaging, its not the packaging that counts though right.
 
So onto the product within, the scent for me is too heavy and powdery, I'm more use to scent free mascara, I'm not sure if that would be a problem for sensitive eyes, if you have sensitive eye try and get a sample or get the girl on the counter to try it on you before you buy. The wand looks and feels like your bog standard wand with bristle that you would get in a much cheaper mascara.
 
Overall i will not be purchasing this again, I do like the product but its not a LOVE and for £23 it is not worth the cash. I will be buying from my favorite mascara brand maybelline which I think are better than the YSL and cost around £7/8. After all the good things I was hearing about this mascara I am really disappointed with it and YSL have totally put me off high end Mascara!.

No comments:

Post a Comment